[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 add external JS without Typoscript and no access to Typo3 admin panel

Peter Kühnlein peter at function2form.net
Thu Oct 29 17:18:39 CET 2015

Am 29.10.2015 um 15:00 schrieb Peter Utzmann:
> A new client of mine has asked to write a script (javascript) to track
> specific events to be reported in google analytics. The client is
> using TYPO3 as CMS.
>
> Now, I know that there are a lot of answers to this question. I just
> wanted to know if there is any way to add an external script without
> using Typoscript or entering the "typo admin panel" (is this even the
> name?), because i do not have access at the moment.
>
> I have more experience in wordpress, so a solution like adding a hook
> or even a plain script tag in, lets say the typo3 "template.php",
> "index.php", or whatsoever would be very nice. Does anybody know if
> that is possible?
Hi Peter,

The website should have some source html page(s); you could just add the
usual <script src=""></script> mechanism there and hope that it's not
overridden by any typoscript... Of course, you still need to have access
to these files. They should be located somewhere in (root)/fileadmin

Cheers
Peter :)

--

http://function2form.net
http://peter-kuehnlein.net

"When some difficulty arises in this world, people get excited, and before one knows it the matter is on everyone's lips. This is useless."
(Hagakure)

Latest projects
http://bmw-bobber.de
http://noris-chapter.de