[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 add external JS without Typoscript and no access to Typo3 admin panel

Peter Utzmann spellowitch at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 29 15:00:09 CET 2015

A new client of mine has asked to write a script (javascript) to track specific events to be reported in google analytics. The client is using TYPO3 as CMS.

Now, I know that there are a lot of answers to this question. I just wanted to know if there is any way to add an external script without using Typoscript or entering the "typo admin panel" (is this even the name?), because i do not have access at the moment.

I have more experience in wordpress, so a solution like adding a hook or even a plain script tag in, lets say the typo3 "template.php", "index.php", or whatsoever would be very nice. Does anybody know if that is possible?