[TYPO3-english] Problems with Scheduler from commandline for Solr Search: errors but nothing in the logs

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Oct 16 19:23:07 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 16/10/2015 10:20, Bert Hiddink [BENDOO e-work solutions] wrote:
> I am having trouble to execute some Scheduler Tasks ***from the
> commandline***, after executing:
>
> #! /bin/bash
> #start indexing files: 9
> env -i /home/httpd/cgi-bin/php56.cli -f
> /usr/home/www/typo3/cli_dispatch.phpsh scheduler -i 9
>
> ...the Task with ID 9 gets invoked but shows "[Failures: 50", since this
> Task should index 50 documents for Solr Search but fails.

The task itself works fine, but EXT:solr seems to have problems indexing
those items.

In the default TS configuration of EXT:solr logging of exceptions is
active, you only need the devlog extension to see the results of the
logging.

> When I invoke the Task ID 9 from the Backend manually, it runs correctly
> and the cycle of 50 documents is indexed.

There are a few differences:
- if you run it from the command line you run a PHP CLI version. There
might be a completely different php.ini file for this and thus a
different configuration of PHP
- if you run it in the backend it runs as your BE user (an admin to be
able to use the scheduler), if you run it from the command line it runs
as the _cli_scheduler user; the access rights may result is quite some
problems

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor