[TYPO3-english] The package "frontend" depends on "cms" which is not present in the system.

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Wed Oct 7 11:02:36 CEST 2015

Hi,

7.10.2015, 11.23, bernd wilke kirjoitti:
>> Please enlighten me/us if this is a wrong way to downgrade:
>> - change the symbolic links to the old source
>> - empty the caches, upgrade steps and database comparision in install
>> tool and empty the caches and even the whole typo3temp folder if needed
>> (and recreate the typo3temp default folders with install tool)
>> - did the DB integrity check in backend
>>

> as the files LocalConfiguration.php and PackageStates.php (in
> typo3conf/) could be modified after/while upgrade you may need to
> rebuild them.
> in this case the entry for ext:cms was removed for 7.5 and is missing
> after the downgrade.
> As there is no downgrade-wizard/-script you may need to insert or revert
> configuration which was lost as there is no history aside from your
> server-backup

Thanks Bernd. What would be the steps to take if downgrade is needed?
Backup the LocalConfiguration.php and PackageStates.php?

IMHO the downgradablity has been one of top features in TYPO3. It's sad
if it's lost - specially now that there are such a wide range of
versions around and very much compatiblity issues.

--
Kind regards,
Katja Lampela