[TYPO3-english] Improve Backend search (list view)

redacted user chris at bessei-it.eu
Fri Nov 27 13:34:52 CET 2015

Dear List,

I currently try to improve the backend search field to achieve the
following:
Search a user from fe_users by first_name + last_name. Since they are
stored in different columns TYPO3 can't find the user by default.

E.g: Search term "Lisa Mair" where Lisa is stored in the first_name
column and Mair in the last_name column.
I could abuse the name column to store the full name, but then something
like "Mair Lisa" and "Mair,Lisa" wouldn't work.

Is there a hook/signal slot for the search field so I can add my own
search conditions?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Chris