[TYPO3-english] Re: what are the reasons to upgrade from PHP5.2 to newer ?

Viktor Livakivskyi invisible.kinder at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 10:53:43 CET 2015

hi, Chai

> it will be great if you can show me the example , especially to describe for non-technical IT user to understand this

For non-IT user it is impossible to understand, because PHP - is a tool, used by developers. Customer must trust the developer, who requires some specific tool to implement customer wish.

You can provide an analogy: customer is ill - he has a flu. And developer is a doctor, who has Antigrippine (PHP 5.6), which can heal a customer in 5-7 days. Or, if customer doesn't want Antigrippine, there is another method: bloodletting (PHP 5.2) from ancient times, which in theory may heal a customer, but in fact he can die.

Another reason: PHP 5.2 is no longer supported by PHP team, meaning, that if at least one security issue is there, server of your customer is vulnerable.