[TYPO3-english] spaceBefore and spaceAfter of Content Elements gone for good?

Jörg Wagner joerg.wagner at ma-x.de
Tue Nov 10 15:47:19 CET 2015

Hi Arne,

I am completely with you!!!
My view is:

> Editors are evil when it comes to this ;)

Yes, yes and yes! But:
They tend to ignore and forget these margin fields, while we as an
agency have full control and can fine-tune the content.
And we really have to do it. There are so many moments when distance
between content must be adapted visually and cannot be adapted
algorithmically. We have tried often to make our CSS rules as general as
possible when it comes to vertical spacing and to avoid any manual
tuning, but for "visually sensitive people" this turns out to be simply
impossible. A harmonic vertical spacing depends on so many visual
factors that it can only be optimized by a "human factor".

> Additional margin on columns that break to rows when having a small
display (e.g. smartphone) may result in out-of-context margins like a
huge white area between two elements, that doesn’t belong there.

Yes! And this is where I am looking forward to add an additional flag to
the margins: "Ignore in mobile view".

Cheers, Jörg