[TYPO3-english] Hide "General Plugin" from New CE Wizard

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed May 20 11:20:13 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 20/05/2015 09:49, Scotty C wrote:
> Is it possible to hide the "General Plugin" option from the new CE
> wizard? I know I can do it using excludefields/explicit deny, but
> that hides the entire "plugin" tab. I just want to hide the option to
> insert a "General Plugin" because it's redundant and confusing my
> users (they already see the options in the tab, why do they need
> "General Plugin"?). Perhaps some page TSconfig that looks
> like:mod.wizards.newContentElement.wizardItems.plugin.show :=
> removeFromList(general_plugin)

Almost. On this tab the show property often contains '*' as value to
indicate that all defined items will be shown. removeFromList will not
have effect on this.

mod.wizards.newContentElement.wizardItems.plugins.elements.general >

will completely remove the definition.

Alternatively you could set
mod.wizards.newContentElement.wizardItems.plugins.show to the specific
plugins that you want to show, possibly to a specific user group.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!