[TYPO3-english] How do you develop websites?

Nils Hodyas post at dietantejensen.de
Mon May 18 08:50:12 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm a freelancer, but worked in an agency for quite a time.

I switched back to setting up a whole new site (with standard files for
css, js, html-templates that get a workover).
Depending on the provider, updating and the like are done via git or by
the provider himself.

Developping on my main instance and exporting didn't work for me.

Installing isn't such a big deal on reasonably managed server. And since
I have to do it anyway, I like to have it done at the start, so I'm not
running  into some traps the new provider set up ...

Also, I really like doing the fine tuning while the client is putting in
the content, preferably in their office. That way, I get to communicate
more with the people who actually maintain the content, which makes
everything a lot easier.

Have a nice week,

Nils