[TYPO3-english] How do you develop websites?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri May 15 18:32:53 CEST 2015

Hi!

Jan Bednarik wrote:
> The way I do it is that I have 1 TYPO3 instance on my local machine
> where I develop sites, so there's like 20 websites in one instance of
> TYPO3 (before I create new empty). When I have the website done (with
> only some content examples), I export to T3D and then import it on the
> target server where customer then adds the content.
>
> I can't imagine having separate TYPO3 installation for each website I
> create.

I have separate instances for every site and for every repo. This is
really easy to automate. Making a site skeleton takes 2-3 minutes when
you have a template for it.

Depending on the customer I either clone/checkout from git or export
files. Database is transferred through the SQL file. Files are synced
with rsync.

When developing, git flow is a big help because it makes handling
releases and hotfixes easy.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Today is a good day to have a good day.