[TYPO3-english] Import-export of *.t3d

Christian Reiter cr at cNOSPAMxd.de
Fri May 15 16:25:22 CEST 2015

Hi Viktor,

There can of course be problems if you want to publish records from a
certain database into a system where that same record type is also being
created and edited in parallel.

Very simply, any random new ID xyz which is a certain record on your
source system might already be occupied by a different content on the
live system.
T3D promises to solve this but fails.
When you're doing record publishing, you will either have to overwrite
the content, or rewrite the IDs on the fly, which may start breaking
things once you are looking at references that are outside of the
published changeset. Or you have to link up the servers to synchronize
ID spaces, at risk of running into collisions/race conditions.

 > That would be perfect scenario. Can you recommend such a nextension? I
 > can't find some in ER...

You might look for "contentstage". However I have no real world
experience with it.

I've been working with an extension "Test to Live Server Publishing"
for cross-server content staging which branched out of a client project
several years ago, this is currently running on 6.2 and 7.2. If you find
this may be helpful I can of course supply more information.

Best regards,
Christian