[TYPO3-english] Add own tables To typo3 CMS 6.2.9 database

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Fri May 15 13:27:50 CEST 2015

Am 15.05.15 um 12:45 schrieb safa gueddes:
> Hello,
>
> Yes i'm developing my own extension with the website project,i did check
> the extension repository but the extensions doesn't cover my need.
> i didn't find any tutorial of how to add my own tables and how to have
> the possibility to add/edit/delete records from the back-end of TYPO3.

it is not very complicated to enhance the TYPO3 database with own
tables. but TYPO3 needs some common fields which you need to include.
so creating complete new tables is easy (and the BE-handling is given
nearly automatic) (e.g. ext:extension_builder, ext:kickstarter)

otherwise if you have a given table you need to define the complete
interface including a possible remapping of fields. An easy solution
would be if you can additionaly define the TYPO3 fields for your table.
then you need to declare all fields to TYPO3 (keyword: TCA) and TYPO3
can mostly[*] do the rest

[*] not all data types are included in TYPO3 by default.
you might need to create wizards or validators.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html