[TYPO3-english] http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9"

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri May 8 12:07:39 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 08/05/2015 11:33, Mogens Fiebrandt wrote:
> does anybody know how to change the content-Value for X-UA-Compatible
> meta-tag from IE=9 to IE=edge.
> Using TYPO3 4.7.17.
>
> The custumor absolutely want me to change this value.

This is hardcoded in the core because it needs to be tested with
functionality provided by the core.

Because you use a core version that is not maintained since quite some
time already the meta tag has never been updated.

You can find it in /typo3/template.php in the property
$xUaCompatibilityVersion

TYPO3 4.7 has never been tested with really new browsers, so changing
this setting may cause weird behaviour with IE 10 or newer.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!