[TYPO3-english] Running Apache Solr on external server with TYPO3

Bert Hiddink [BENDOO e-work solutions] hiddink at bendoo.nl
Thu May 7 10:36:28 CEST 2015

Hello,

I have set up Apache Solr succesfully on an external host:
myhost.com:8080/solr/core_es/select/?q=*%3A*

{
   "responseHeader":{
     "status":0,
     "QTime":14,
     "params":{
       "q":"*:*"}},
   "response":{"numFound":0,"start":0,"docs":[]
   }}

Now when I try to connect to this server from my TYPO3-installation
(6.2) and latest version of Apache Solr extension, I get:

Unable to contact your Apache Solr server.
Hosts missing:
http://myhost.com:8080/solr/core_es/

So the question is where the problem resides (TYPO3-server or
Solr-server)...

When I copy the same config to another TYPO3 installation where Apache
Solr is working just fine (with another Solr-server), I get:

plugin.tx_solr.solr.scheme = http
plugin.tx_solr.solr.host = test:12345 at myhost.com
plugin.tx_solr.solr.port = 8080
plugin.tx_solr.solr.path = /solr/core_es
config.index_enable = 1

Your Apache Solr server has been contacted.
Hosts contacted:
http://test:12345@myhost.com:8080:8080/solr/core_es/

Conclusion is that there is a missing config of something wrong with the
Setup on my TYPO3-installation.

Any idea where I have to look/start?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,