[TYPO3-english] TCA Changes not reflecting

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed May 6 11:42:07 CEST 2015

Am 06.05.15 um 11:03 schrieb Siva Prasad:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on huge website which consists of many extension . In that,
> I have an extension xx_tag_cloud which is mainly used for a category
> selection. This extension is extending 2 other tables tt_news and
> xxxx_events with a category selection field. When I uninstall
> xx_tag_cluod  extension the category field in both tt_news and
> xxxx_events events will disappear which is the correct behavior. But
> when I reinstall the xx_tag_cloud extension , category field will not
> appear again. In order to make it visible  I have to reinsatall both
> tt_news and xxx_events extension.
>
> Can any one give me hint , why this is happening ?

with 6.x another way to enhance TCA was invented. those two ways
sometimes collide as dependencies could not be resolved always.

having your enhancements in ext:yourext/ext_tables.php it will be
executed in the beginning.
if the original extensions have their table definition/enhancments in
ext:extname/Configuration/TCA/table.php
ext:extname/Configuration/TCA/Overrides/table.php[1]
your enhancements go to an empty array and are overwritten with the
initial definition afterwards.

[1] http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TCAReference/singlehtml/#tca-what-is

bernd
--