[TYPO3-english] TCA Changes not reflecting

Siva Prasad sivaprasad.s at pitsolutions.com
Wed May 6 11:03:32 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I am working on huge website which consists of many extension . In that, I have an extension xx_tag_cloud which is mainly used for a category selection. This extension is extending 2 other tables tt_news and xxxx_events with a category selection field. When I uninstall xx_tag_cluod  extension the category field in both tt_news and xxxx_events events will disappear which is the correct behavior. But when I reinstall the xx_tag_cloud extension , category field will not appear again. In order to make it visible  I have to reinsatall both tt_news and xxx_events extension.

Can any one give me hint , why this is happening ?

BR
Siva