[TYPO3-english] pcsimiletimeline: has anyone experience with this EXT?

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Mar 30 09:53:51 CEST 2015

Am 28.03.15 um 09:08 schrieb Stephan Bernhard:
> hi list
>
> i try to make the EXT pcsimiletimeline (version 0.1.1, 15.03.2012) work
> on my installation (TYPO3 4.5.32).
> install was easy and simple.
>
> but entering certain data is a pain:
>
> some date entry are just not accepted, f.e. 1.1.1900 for "Band" and for
> an "Entry". if a date is not accepted, it just fills in the current date.
> or there is an error message when trying to save the entry.

this may be the problem as TYPO3 stores dates as unixtime which as
signed long integer has a range from ?.?.1903 to ?.?.2038
there are big discussions about date formats outside this range.

> and changing the date view from US form to the european form seems not
> to be possible.

hm. can't say anything to this. I used my german date as title.
I used it as a picture index and the time the picture was taken as
timestamp and title.
but on the long time the pictures were not manageble with the extension:
too much work, too much complexity in the display, too less variability
in displaying enlarged pictures

> i contacted the author of this EXT.
> but he didn't react in two month's time.
>
> so i ask this list if anyone has experienced the same problem.
> and has probably solved it?

as this is just an TYPO3-interface for an external JS-library: you may
create your own extension for records to provide your data for the
JS-library you may include by yourself. This way you can control
everything you are interested in (and where the JS-lib provides a
configuration)

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html