[TYPO3-english] Automatic posting to Facebook group

Graham Knight graham.knight5 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 10:31:34 CEST 2015

Hi Robert,

If you are posting to a Facebook page then Twitterfeed can do it. However, Twitterfeed cannot post to a        Facebook group, which is what I need.

I did discover that you can email a post to a group - see http://science.opposingviews.com/facebook-post-via-email-group-19545.html for example. There are online services which will monitor an RSS feed and generate emails. However, I assume the sender of these messages will be the online service rather than me. That will not work in my case as the group is closed and the online service will not be a member.

So, at the moment I am stuck. I don't think it would be too hard to write some code to do the job (there are some hints here - http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-english/2011-May/075051.html) but these things always take much more time than I expect, so I am reluctant to start!

Graham