[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.2 LTS: MariaDB 10 Support

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Mar 24 16:19:25 CET 2015

Am 24.03.15 um 14:03 schrieb Mikel:
> Hi all,
>
> is there an official statement regarding the usage of MariaDB (V10)
> instead of native MySQL?

I can not give you any official statements.

> All I could find is some experiences of users already using it, saying
> that it works fine. But I'm not sure if we could rely on just some
> experiences and having problems in a production environment later on.

just another user-experience:
I used MariaDB without knowing. when we needed another TYPO3
installlation I was consulted whether all neccessary changes done for
MariaDB were ok with TYPO3.

First time I noticed some differences: MariaDB needs an unique key on
every table. In TYPO3 some tables do not have such keys by default:
mm_records must get additional keys for MariaDB.
but additional keys will not harm working.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html