[TYPO3-english] Missing step from install to using typo3 ....

Peter Kühnlein peter at function2form.net
Sat Mar 21 08:02:19 CET 2015

Am 20.03.2015 um 15:06 schrieb Lee Wicks:
> Hello Peter,
>
> While I was installing I had to make /var/www/sites and sites/htdocs
> as they didn't exisit.
>
> I've renamed the folder with the typo3-src install to MyFirstSite ...
>
> so when I typed 1xx.1xx.1.n/MyFirstSite into my browser I got a 404
>
> So I tried 1xx.1xx.1.n/sites/MyFirstSite.... and hey presto I got a
> typo3 install page saying ... but my next question is which is my root
> directory in this case?
>

> ""....
>
> Thank you for installing TYPO3
>
> To proceed with the installation, create the file FIRST_INSTALL in
> your root directory. The filename is case-sensitive but the file
> itself can be empty.
>
> Note: The file will be deleted once you proceed with the installation.
>
> ....."
Good morning Lee,

so it worked not only in theory :) Good to know! The root directory is
the very same directory. So you have to put FIRST_INSTALL right into
your MyFirstSite - just change to that directory and type

touch FIRST_INSTALL

Next, you might want to specify typo3_src - and you can do that using

ln -s typo3_src .

Cheers, Peter

--

http://function2form.net
http://peter-kuehnlein.net

"One should be careful and not say things that are likely to cause trouble at the time. [...] It is said that [...] it is better to stay at home and think of poetry."
(Hagakure)

Latest projects
http://walter-huhn.de
http://noris-chapter.de