[TYPO3-english] [TYPO3-core] TYPO3 CMS Deployment with code and database

Simon Schaufelberger (Schaufi) simonschaufi at guugelmail.de
Wed Mar 18 11:28:59 CET 2015

Hello,
I have done a lot of research about deploying a TYPO3 cms website for
many months already but when it comes to deploying TYPO3 cms, I wish
there would be more "Inspiring people to share" ;) I hope I can inspire
people to share a bit now! :D

I want to have a continuous deployment with files and database but
without deploying "everything" for every release since that's quite a
lot of data that needs to be copied.

For the files to sync I use git but the database is really difficult
since the database is changed (only) on the dev machine and then
exported (with mysqldump) and imported on live again. The big problem
here is the few seconds of downtime during deployment when the tables
are deleted and imported again. I would like to have a system without
any "broken state".

What I'm looking for is a proper way to:
- copy database (export, rename, import)
- import new data into new database with mysql import
- switch database somehow (maybe through symlink change in
LocalConfiguration.php ?). Another idea: Is there a way to use and
change environment variables somehow so that I can tell TYPO3 which
database to use?

PS: I have written a deployment extension that runs with the scheduler
and performs shell scripts so in the end I want a shell script ;)
--
Regards, Schaufi