[TYPO3-english] Re: Re: Re: linkvalidator: faulty link not recognised

Dennis Hoffland d.o.hoffland at tele2.nl
Mon Mar 16 23:13:29 CET 2015

Hi Gigal,

Thanks for getting back to me.

My TCA setting is exactly as you mention in  your post. No issue there.

So could this be related to the PHP settings of my hosting provider? As I mentioned in my first post:

In the System environment check in the Install Tool I get:

Some PHP functions disabled
disable_functions=escapeshellarg escapeshellcmd exec passthru proc_close proc_get_status proc_nice proc_open proc_terminate shell_exec system popen pclose
These function(s) are disabled. TYPO3 uses some of those, so there might be trouble.

My hosting provider informed me that they won't change the PHP settings, because they consider some of the functions above as "unsafe".

Kind regards,

Dennis