[TYPO3-english] Editing homepage

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Mar 10 08:36:23 CET 2015

Am 10.03.15 um 06:28 schrieb Mike Migale:
> Hi, I've just installed the extension backgroundimage_1.1.2.t3x but it
> seems not to apply the background image to the homepage. Did anyone
> tried to install same? We are actually runningTypo3 version 4.5.22.
> Maybe update will solve problem?

propably not.
TYPO3 is more than a big box of Legos where you just need to find the
right brick to hava special funcionallity[1].
so you may find for each problem an extension, you can solve most
problems without extension.
Extension are easy to install but mostly not so easy to adapt to
specific needs. otherwise extensions need maintenace which is not given
always.

there are multiple ways to set a background-image in TYPO3. I would
search in the page-properties if I can find a reference to the actual
background. Another approach could be a special content column, but that
approach was used in earlier times seldom. Then there is the possibility
of pure typoscript configuration.

as typoscript allways is a part of the configuration you need to
understand typoscript and snoop around for the actual gathering your
background images.

and BTW: 4.5.22 is unsecure.
you need an update to the last version of 4.5: 4.5.40

and so 4.5 has reached end of live:
so you may pay for further security fixes to get it living for another
year[2] but anyway you need to do an update to 6.2 which might be more
than a beginner is capable. I think you need help from an expert to do
an update or relaunch.

[1] TYPO3 is liek LEgo, but not the kind of Lego Duplo with big bricks
shaped in distinct forms for only one purpose[3]. TYPO3 is more like
Lego Basics where you have not much specialized bricks and build up each
functionality with dozends of simple general-purpose bricks [4].

[2]
http://typo3.org/news/article/announcing-typo3-cms-45-extended-long-term-support-plans/

[3]
http://www.conrad.de/medias/global/ce/6000_6999/6500/6580/6584/658464_AB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg