[TYPO3-english] Editing homepage

Peter Kühnlein peter at function2form.net
Mon Mar 2 10:30:17 CET 2015

Am 02.03.2015 um 08:38 schrieb Mike Migale:
> Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here and just started to use typo3. I
> would like to know if there is a way to modify the homepage of any
> site. Actually there is one site on our typo3, but I'm not able to
> find where I can modify homepage. Any suggestions please (also if you
> have links to manuals/modifying content on typo3)? Also I would like
> to write the homepage in html & css coding. Can this be done on Typo3?
>
> Thanking you in advance.
Hi Mike,

It depends on what you have in mind: if you want to modify the source
code of an existing site - this is not the purpose of TYPO3; it's not an
editor. But for a website to be implemented in TYPO3, you will at the
very least need HTML templates and CSS scripts - plus the configuration
in TypoScript. So, answering the latter question, basically, HTML and
CSS are part of the basis for every website implemented in TYPO3.
You will end up having the HTML template and CSS script and telling
TYPO3 how to use them.

http://typo3.org/documentation/ should contain all the documentation you
will need.

Have fun using TYPO3!
Peter

--

http://function2form.net
http://peter-kuehnlein.net

"The Samurai of old were mortified by the idea of dying in bed; they hoped only to die on the battlefield."
(Hagakure)