[TYPO3-english] Autoloading issues after TYPO3 6.2 upgrade

David Bruchmann david.bruchmann at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 14:38:39 CET 2015

> Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 20:14:37 +0100
> From: Fran?ois Suter <fsu-lists at cobweb.ch>
> Subject: [TYPO3-english]  Autoloading issues after TYPO3 6.2 upgrade
> To: typo3-english at lists.typo3.org
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade my personal web site from 4.7 to 6.2. Everything
> went smoothly on my local machine, but I have autoloading problems on
> the server. It seems like all old-style classes (i.e. not namespaced) do
> not get autoloaded, although proper ext_autoload.php files exist.
>
> I have dug into the Core and done some debugging inside
> \TYPO3\CMS\Core\Core\ClassLoader and all I get is that - indeed -
> classes like "tx_templavoila_datastructure_dbbase" (for example) is not
> found in the class cache, not can it be loaded.
>
> Does anyone have a hint what kind of setup on the server could have an
> influence on the autoloading mechanism? Any particular PHP
> configuration? A required library? Anything else?
>
> Cheers
> Francois Suter

Hi Francois,

I upgraded several pages from 4.5 to 6.2.9 including TemplaVoila without
problems.
Concerning TemplaVoila I upgraded the extension before upgrading the core.
And even I'm sure you know about it: empty the cache and delete the
cache-files.

I never did anything special related to templaVoila, but it was always
working.
In the wiki there are still articles for upgrading, I followed the one for
LTS to LTS.

One important point, which was not mentioned: after upgrading the core go
to the fileadmin-storage-record and enable case-sensitive paths still
before preforming the upgrade-wizards in the install-tool. But that's
usually not related to templaVoila, it just could be if the ds-records are
stored as files.

Best Regards,
David