[TYPO3-english] [Noob] Search Engin Issues

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Jun 29 15:01:12 CEST 2015

Am 29.06.15 um 11:34 schrieb Zajac Valentin:
> Hi, my job is to fix some issues on my town's website, the thing is in
> don't know anything about typo3 so i'll try to describe my problem as
> much as i can and i hope you will help me.

> In my website i have in the top left corner a little search box, when
> you put a word into it and press the button it's supposed to search this
> word in every page of the website. The thing is, when i press the button
> the page load for ever and nothin happens. I tried another plugin for
> search engine but it's the same thing, nothin happens after i press the
> button.

I think this is not a job for a beginner, as it requires some more
knowledge about TYPO3 than an editor needs.

> So i assume it have something to do with the indexation of the website,
> maybe the pages are not indexed so the search engine cannot find anything ?
> I have really no idea how to fix this, i tried using the admin tools in
> the backend to check and update the data base but it keeps giving me an
> internal error.

depending on multiple configuration values this could have multiple reasons.

> no clue what to do.

at this level of information: we too

you may provide us with some more information:
starting with TYPO3 itself: which version of TYPO3 are you using?
which (external) extensions are installed? which are active? (and also:
in what version?)
which search engine / which plugin are you using?

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html