[TYPO3-english] Typo3 Websites using Responsive Design Templates

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Fri Jun 19 08:28:43 CEST 2015

Am 19.06.15 um 00:34 schrieb grant huston:
> I am trying to find Typo3 responsive design templates, i.e. those that
> adapt to any display screen size but am having no luck.  I am fairly new
> to Typo3 and have previously been using Joomla but am attracted to Typo3
> because it seems more robust, albeit much more complex and difficult to
> setup.  I would like to see if anyone has some suggestions on a quick
> way to build a responsive design typo3 website.

so there is an extension which enables the usage of ready made templates
to have a design for a website, it is fairly new and I know no designs yet.

> For example, would it be possible to purchase a responsive design
> template from a vendor and simply place the typo3 tags in the
> appropriate places within the template for menu, body, breadcrumbs,
> footer, etc.?  I know that typo3 has the ability to recognize tags but
> am not sure if this is the current preferred method or if there is some
> newer way for typo3 to know where the content is supposed to be laid
> out.  I am pretty technical and can figure things out if I just know
> where to start.

anyway you can use premade HTML and insert/replace parts with content of
TYPO3. for this you can use different approaches.
In your search you will find 'templa voila' but the support has stopped
as newer ways to template pages are available.
the old way of TYPO3 was templating by markers/subparts which needs
special tags (###TAGNAME###) which get replaced but that is very
hardcoded and you may need a lot of logic in PHP. As there is the new
way of fluid-templates the marker templates get extinct, so you may find
them as the only way to style output of an extension plugin.

Fluid-templates are flexible as the enable some logic in the template
andmore and more templating is done with fluid.

in this way you can use a ready made design as a HTML file, which
includes some variables you fill from TYPO3. as far as your TYPO3
content matches the needed HTML markup it will blend in the design.

here you need to configure the output of TYPO3 to your needs as the
default HTML-markup of TYPO3 is propably not your design.
This covers the basic content elements and also the plugins you may use.

you may find TYPO3 designs as an extension which (re)configure the TYPO3
output (and some mayor extensions) to fit into that design, but such
designs are problably not exchangable on mouseclick.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html