[TYPO3-english] How to Make a New Start Page?

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2015.trash.schams.net
Fri Jun 19 03:38:54 CEST 2015

On Thu, 2015-06-18 at 21:07 +0000, Scotty C wrote:

> I can't stand to look at "about modules" every time I log in to T3 6.2.
> I need to replace it with better content or a different extension.
[...]
> So, I'm wondering what is the best course of action.
> Ideally, I'd like to just login and see info about the system, the user's
> site, maybe some news, etc.

Hi Scotty, a few options come to my mind:

1) BE users can choose what the first screen should be after login
See screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/CUJx5hT.png

2) in case you want to have something customised, you need an extension.

If you are a developer, you can write your own extension (I have not
checked, if there is anything out there).

This extension could - for example - show some infos about the system or
just an iframe that includes the content of another website (ideally
"public" news for your editors or something like that).

If you are not a developer, specify what you are after and ask someone
to write an extension for you :-)

Cheers
Michael