[TYPO3-english] How to inherit t3s_headerslider from parent page

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Thu Jun 18 11:34:56 CEST 2015

On 18-06-15 11:07, bernd wilke wrote:
> Am 17.06.15 um 09:12 schrieb Jeppe Donslund:
>> lib.t3sheaderslider.slide = -1 doesn't seem to work.
>
> sliding can only be done on content objects.

It can also be used on those page properties which are part of the
RootLineFields, e.g. the files/media field, but you can add fields using
[FE][addRootLineFields].

I think there are 3 ways to go:

1. Use a slider extension which you can add as a content element of type plugin
on a page column and then use Bernds proposal for sliding the content of that
column;

2. Put your slider images in the media field of the page properties and then
create your own slider with TypoScript and/or a Fluid template;

3. Add the slider fields from your current extension (which are in pages, as far
as I can tell) to the [FE][addRootLineFields] and hack the sliding option into
the extension.

I'd personally opt for no. 2.

Loek