[TYPO3-english] FE category/date dropdown filter (f:form.select) function for Typo3 'news' extension in list view

Markus Philipp factsheet at gmx.de
Wed Jun 17 21:18:25 CEST 2015

Looking for a category and date dropdown filter/selection (f:form.select) function for the extension "news" (https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/news) from Typo3. I'm using Extbase, Fluid and Typo3 CMS 6.13LTS. "News" is working fine but I would like to have a filter (by the defined 'categories' of the news and 'years') in the list view. I'm struggling to adjust the ViewHelper f:form.select (http://wiki.typo3.org/Fluid#f:form.select). Anyone have an idea or a solution?