[TYPO3-english] Caching problem

Adam Burn adam.burn at ketteringbuccleuch-academy.org
Mon Jun 15 11:05:12 CEST 2015

Hi All,

I'm relatively new to Typo3 but I've been using it for a while now.  I've managed to fix any problems or issues I've come across so far, until now.

We have it setup here to be used as an Intranet site, but available externally.  Internally, it's forwarded on to the local IP, no issues.  When you access it externally, it uses cached content and tries to resolve the local IP, which obviously it can't do.  After clearing the cache, it works fine again.

Is there a way to get it so that when it caches content, it uses the hostname (which is the same internally and externally) rather than the IP address?

I've had a look around and can't seem to find an answer, so hoping I can find it here!

Thanks