[TYPO3-english] Hide "Create New Page" Icon in Top Panel

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat Jun 13 10:22:53 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 13/06/2015 02:26, Scotty C wrote:
> I need t o hide the "Create New Page" button/icon from the Top Panel
> of 6.2LTS ... but I can't figure out how. I have already disabled all
> "Page" options for the user/group so there's nothing appearing when
> you click the icon. However, the icon itself still remains.
[...]
> Is there a way to hide the icon with TSConfig?

Sorry, in typo3/js/extjs/components/pagetree/javascript/toppanel.js:414
you'll see that the node types are requested from the core through the
dataprovider. After that it will render the button and the toolbar
anyway, even if there is no button in the toolbar left.

Maybe you can file a feature request for this for CMS 7.x, although I
can't think of a website where editors aren't allowed to add any kind of
page to the site.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor