[TYPO3-english] Help me decide on a Frontend User Registration extension

Morten Kjems mortenkjems at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 16:09:53 CEST 2015

There are quite a few frontend user management extensions out there and it can be a bit tricky to find the one that match your needs.

For the past two years or so I have used 'Frontend User Management' by Datamint and been very pleased, but since Typo3 6.2 some bugs where introduced, that force me to look for an alternative. The main issue is that auto login after signup no longer works.

So now I am looking for an alternative that is better maintained.

My sign up flow is very simple: Fill in email and password > click signup > auto login > redirect to another page.
- No admin approval or email verification is needed.

 Besides that I have the following needs:

* Must be under active development at least bugs must be fixed frequently.
* Must be ready for Typo3 7 (at least when version is officially released).
* Email can be set as username.
* Check for unique email/username.
* Edit option for password (and other fields in the fe_user table).
* Modern code base.

The most important part is that the team behind the extension are maintaining the extension as new Typo3 versions are released.

So in short: Can anyone suggest a modern, stable long term solution to handle user registration.

Thanks