[TYPO3-english] Using Redis as backend for 'classes_cache' seems to fail

Kasper Ligaard kasperligaard+typo3.org at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 18:27:44 CEST 2015

I have just setup a Redis server and successfully switched all caches that uses the VariableFrontend to use the RedisBackend. Then I switched 'cache_classes', which uses the StringFrontend to also use the RedisBackend, but that seems not to work; I get PHP Fatal Erros about not being able to require() this file or that...

Is it not possible to use the RedisBackend with the StringFrontend?