[TYPO3-english] Should i use typo3 cms to create an intranet?

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Mon Jul 13 08:26:55 CEST 2015

Am 10.07.15 um 16:21 schrieb Markus Klein:
> Hi!
>
> There are actually intranets built with TYPO3. ;-)
>
> In your case I would even recommend not using the FE at all, but doing this stuff via BE.
> For FE you would need to develop all that on your own, but CRUD is working flawlessly in BE out of the box.

[...]
> So, yes, you can actually build all your requirements with TYPO3 CMS, but you should consider if it's worth the work to write things "from scratch".

I would like to add some annotatiosn to the fine rightmanagement possibe
with TYPO3:
as you can can asssign multiple usergroups to any user and every
usergroup can have access to individual parts of the website you can
manage each part for itself.
this belongs to FrontEnd(FE) and BackEnd(BE).
In the FE you can restrict or allow access to everyone or single groups
for nearly all pages or records.
as the groups are hirarchical you can easily group the rights into main
groups.

the same in the BE: you can grant/restrict access to pagetrees, kind of
records, even to single fields of records. so you can manage who is
allowed to change which content.

instead of building up a complete data managment in the TYPO3 FE I also
would advise you to study the right managment (and also the possibility
to set default-values for setting ownerships without the need of manual
chnages by editors) in TYPO3 and use TYPO3 for editors to manage data
and content.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html