[TYPO3-english] Extension Template Inheritance - turning it off?

Jennifer Koenig jenka13all at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 12:22:13 CEST 2015

I have an extension template (i.e. NOT a root template) in one of my pages, that I do NOT want inherited in that page's child pages. How do I turn that off? I feel like this should be an obvious thing, but whatever I try does not work and Google is not helping me find an answer that works.

If this is not the function of "Stop page tree" checkbox (under the "Behavior" tab) then WHAT IS its function? What does that "stop page tree" box actually do?

Checking the "clear setup" and "clear constants" tags causes an error, I suppose because it is an extension template and not a root template.