[TYPO3-english] upload of files fail

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Jan 28 10:59:12 CET 2015

Hi,

On 27/01/2015 12:25, Peder Høy Kristensen wrote:
> When I try to upload a file, I now get the error-message: "Unable to
> determine path to entry script."
>
> Which setting is causing this error?

TYPO3 tries to find the path on the server to the current installation
(to calculate absolute and relative paths). It supports several server
variables to find this path and in the end checks if the result is an
actual file (the script you're calling must of course be a file).

If no correct path can be determined or if the webserver user does not
have the rights to check if the current script is an actual file, the
error you encountered is produced.

So, check if the webserver user has the rights to read the TYPO3 files
and if at least one the server variables ORIG_PATH_TRANSLATED,
PATH_TRANSLATED, ORIG_SCRIPT_FILENAME, SCRIPT_FILENAME is set with the
correct value.
This is an issue with the server environment/settings, not something
inside TYPO3.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor