[TYPO3-english] How to render error messages for controller arguments?

Ivan Godorogea igodorogea at winify.com
Wed Jan 28 10:03:37 CET 2015

Hi group,

I write an extension for a site based on TYPO3 v4.5.
When an error occurs on validating controller arguments, the previous
action is called and in browser I get only this message:

An error occurred while trying to call
Tx_Xxxxxx_Controller_MainController->searchAction()

No message specific to error that occurred...

In TYPO3 v 6.2 that work without any effort from myself. How can I make
it work for v.4.5 too?

Here are Controller snippet:
   /**
      * @param string $shareholderId shareholderId
      * @param string $firstName Shareholder first name
      * @param string $lastName Shareholder last name
      * @validate $shareholderId NotEmpty, StringLength(minimum=12,
maximum=13)
      * @validate $firstName NotEmpty
      * @validate $lastName NotEmpty
      * @return void
      */
     public function searchAction($shareholderId = '', $firstName = '',
$lastName = '') {

Thanks,
Ivan