[TYPO3-english] experience and best practice for flux update?

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed Jan 21 11:39:11 CET 2015

Am 21.01.15 um 11:23 schrieb Viktor Livakivskyi:
> Hi, Bernd.
>
> In general, you should be fine with running update script, you've
> mentioned in your post [1].
> But be aware, that flux:flexform.field.group viewhelper was removed and
> you should manually migrate it to flux:field.relation.
> In my case I've had this:
> <flux:flexform.field.group
>                  name="settings.footerPid"
>                  label="{f:translate(key: 'configuration.main.footerPid')}"
>                  internalType="db"
>                  allowed="pages"
>                  size="1"
>                  maxItems="1"
>                  minItems="0"
>                  default="{settings.footerPid}" />
> And migrated to:
> <flux:field.relation
>                  name="settings.footerPid"
>                  label="{f:translate(key: 'configuration.main.footerPid')}"
>                  table="pages"
>                  size="1"
>                  maxItems="1"
>                  minItems="0"
>                  default="{settings.footerPid}" />
>
> Also flux:field.inline has no longer 'foreignTable', but 'table' attribute
>

> Next step should be a migration to 7.1 [2]
> No auto-script here, but changes are quite easy, so you can do them by
> hand.
>
> As for VHS, there is more, tahn just renaming of v:var to v:variable.
> You also need to care about namespace definitions and a lot of removed
> and deprecated viewhelpers.
>
> I'm going to make this week (most possible, tomorrow) a changelog with
> all critical and valuable changes for VHS, which should be available
> then in official git repository [3]. So, if you can wait a couple of
> days before update, it would be great.
>
> [1]:
> https://fluidtypo3.org/documentation/templating-manual/appendix/migration/to-flux-70.html
>
> [2]:
> https://fluidtypo3.org/documentation/templating-manual/appendix/migration/to-flux-71.html
>
> [3]: https://github.com/FluidTYPO3/vhs

thanks for your reply.
meanwhile I started an update to flux 7.0.0 and got errors because of:
* flex:flexform.field.file lost parameter 'internalType'
* flex:flexform.field.file renamed param showThumbs -> showThumbnails
* flex:flexform.field.select lost parameter commaSeparatedItems (use items)

now I'm testing wether the output stays the same after the modifications.

further needed changes will follow.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html