[TYPO3-english] Syntax used in "show source" Typo3 documentation

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Jan 20 19:39:23 CET 2015

Hi Paul,

Paul Morris wrote:

> My question is if anyone might be able to tell me the syntax used in
> creating these show source documents, and if so, are there any plugins or
> libraries available for Typo3 to replicate this? Thanks.

This is called "reStructure Text" and comes from the Python world.

A short syntax overview: http://wiki.typo3.org/ReST_Syntax

There is an extension called sphinx which helps you to setup your
installation to provide an rendering like on docs.typo3.org.
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/sphinx

There a plugins for the most used editors and plugins.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!