[TYPO3-english] experience and best practice for flux update?

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Jan 20 16:05:12 CET 2015

we defined our own fluidcontent CEs.
as we started june 2013 and updated the CEs every now and then we
procastinated some updates for flux & Co

and now the update is topic and the question is:
what is teh best way to do it?

extension	our version	current version
flux		6.0.4		7.1.2
fluidcontent	3.1.0		4.1.1
vhs		1.8.5		2.2.0
(fluidpages	2.1.1		3.1.2)
we don't use fluidpages but flux uses tables from the extension)

and our extension to define our CEs:
our_ces

what I found til now:
migration script for flux 7.0 [1]

vhs 2.0: v:var renamed to v:variable

some posts for documentation [2]
and some headlines which sounds promising but link to empty pages [3]

which order and which steps to update these extensions?
when to run the update scripts of which extension?
when to run further scripts?

[1]
https://fluidtypo3.org/documentation/templating-manual/appendix/migration/to-flux-70.html
[2] https://fluidtypo3.org/blog/news/