[TYPO3-english] Newbie on Typo3 & need some help.

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Fri Jan 16 12:05:22 CET 2015

Am 16.01.15 um 11:26 schrieb Kamlesh Patel:
> Hi,
>
> I am new in typo3 and facing some problem in development. I am linux
> (Ubuntu User). I have install typo3 and create content also, implement a
> template in typo3.
>
> But now I am facing some problem:
>
> How can we Display list of similar content ( Like List of articles ) in
> typo3 and when new content will add is same content type then that will
> append to same content list ?

you may use an extension to show records in a defined way.
an example may be ext:tt_news which was (mis)used for a lot of kinds of
data.
the follow-up (tx_)news may be used in similar ways.
these extensions provide you with a simple way to:
* list records (maybe with subqueries and pagination)
* display single records
* enhance records with additional fields
just use HTML-templates (and some typoscript) to define display-markup
instead of programming something in PHP

> How can I create my Custom Theme in typo3 and Where I should put these
> files. (I think in "root/fileadmin" directory) ?

this is one way.
some may say: create an extension with all configuration so you can
version it and transfer it to another installation (maybe just in case
of an rebuild after a crash)
the old way is fileadmin/ where I add: split data from configuration:
use fileadmin/data/ for editors and fileadmin/sys/ for admins
so HTML-templates could be in fileadmin/sys/html/ and special templates
e.g. in fileadmin/sys/html/news/...

> How can I create Extension and Where I should put these files. also in
> "root/fileadmin" ?

extensions belong in typo3conf/ext/<extensionkey>
if you use the Extensionbuilder to kickstart an extension it will be
stored automatically there

> I have isntalled the news extension but it's not working on my template.

you need to configure (typoscript) the news to use your templates
instead of the default templates inside the extension. see the
documentation for exact typoscript keys and NEVER change the
default-templates in place (use a copy (in fileadmin/.... to be able to
update the extension later on)

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html