[TYPO3-english] Typo 6.2.9 - System environment/Folder Structure

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Jan 12 16:55:41 CET 2015

Hi,

On 12/01/2015 16:10, Dennis Hoffland wrote:
> System environment:
>
> Some PHP functions disabled
> disable_functions=escapeshellarg escapeshellcmd exec passthru proc_close
> proc_get_status proc_nice proc_open proc_terminate shell_exec system
> popen pclose
> These function(s) are disabled.
>
> Folder Structure:
>
> Path / is not a directory
> / is not a directory
> /typo3_src should be a link, but it does not exist
> Path /index.php is not a link
> Path /typo3 is not a link
>
> My hosting provider informed me that the PHP configuration can't be
> changed on a shared server, so I am stuck with the present settings.

No, you're not. It would be very wise to change hosting provider (or
switch to a hosting plan which allows you to change these settings).

> Can anyone explain which of these errors/warnings would impair the
> proper functioning of TYPO3 (all seems to function well despite them at
> the moment ...) and possibly provide fixes?

The disabled functions are necessary to perform system actions and are
used to call GraphicsMagick (or ImageMagick).

The warnings/errors in the folder structure prevent you from performing
core updates from within the Install Tool.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!