[TYPO3-english] Typo 6.2.9 - System environment/Folder Structure

Dennis Hoffland d.o.hoffland at tele2.nl
Mon Jan 12 16:10:57 CET 2015

Hello,

I recently upgraded to TYPO3 6.2.9.

In the System environment/Folder Structure sections of the Install Tool I get some errors/warnings:

System environment:

Some PHP functions disabled
disable_functions=escapeshellarg escapeshellcmd exec passthru proc_close proc_get_status proc_nice proc_open proc_terminate shell_exec system popen pclose
These function(s) are disabled.

Folder Structure:

Path / is not a directory
/ is not a directory
/typo3_src should be a link, but it does not exist
Path /index.php is not a link
Path /typo3 is not a link

My hosting provider informed me that the PHP configuration can't be changed on a shared server, so I am stuck with the present settings.

Can anyone explain which of these errors/warnings would impair the proper functioning of TYPO3 (all seems to function well despite them at the moment ...) and possibly provide fixes?

Kind regards,

Dennis