[TYPO3-english] Mark an extension as unmaintained

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sun Jan 11 10:53:47 CET 2015

Hi,

On 11/01/2015 01:44, Kevin Renskers wrote:
> For many years I've maintained and support the dmmjobcontrol extension
> but since I haven't used PHP or TYPO3 in over 6 years, it's a huge
> problem to keep supporting this extension. I've tried to find someone to

Thanks for your efforts!

> take over, but have not succeeded. As such, I have officially "orphaned"
> dmmjobcontrol, no bugfixes or new released will be made available by me.
>
> While it was easy enough for me to close the issue tracker on GitHub and
> change the README there, I am not sure what to do about the status of
> the extension here on the TER. What can I do to make this extension
> unavailable or clearly marked as unsupported? I'm afraid that it
> involves changing a file in the extension and uploading a new version to
> the TER? Since I don't have a working TYPO3 installation anymore that's
> not possible for me..
>
> Any clues as to what I could do?

Besides the suggestion by Philipp you could transfer the key to the user
"abandoned_extensions". That will also speed up the transfer to a new
maintainer in case someone wants to take over.

If you don't have access to your typo3.org account I can arrange the
transfer (as member of the Extension Coordination Team) for you.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!