[TYPO3-english] hover content

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Fri Feb 27 09:24:57 CET 2015

Am 27.02.15 um 06:40 schrieb Katja Lampela:
> Hi Philipp,
>
> 26.2.2015, 22.27, Philipp Gampe kirjoitti:
>> You can use any field and a bit of TS to archive this. Usually people use
>> the frame field of tt_content for this.
>
> Yes that's right, easiest for the editor, especially in styles that need
> to be assign many times.
>
> Anyway the quick solution to add any class, id or inline style to any
> content element is very nice in many cases and improves the overall
> usability.

I see the advantage of this possibility, but I also see editors fill in
values which break the whole page. Especially in times
javascript-selectors are used much often for any client-changes.

Beside of that: epending on the JS-lib or the current CSS it is not
clear where a class or ID shoulf be attached to a CE: one CE consistrs
of different HTML-tags and each could hold these values.

e.g.: CE = image with text
there could be multiple images, the text can consist of multiple paragraphs
where should a class atach? the whole CE (.CSC-default) or any
image(-wrap)? every p-tag? the image-block? the text-block?

there are a lot of classes and an id for each CE build in in TYPO3 and
as Philipp stated: with the frames it is possible to enable editors to
give one CE a special class which could result in style (CSS) or
behaviour (JS). more may be convenient for admins, but must be more
adapted to the individual needs. So for me it looks more like an
individual Extension than a core feature

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html