[TYPO3-english] Different ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL files

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Feb 23 14:44:47 CET 2015

Hi,

On 23/02/2015 10:10, Sergio Catalá wrote:
> We have several Typo3 instances (separated databases and root folders) that
> share the typo3conf/ folder.

Auch! So, if you install en new extension the tables are only added to
the database of the "instance" you happen to be logged in? The extension
is available in the other instances, but it will rain errors about
missing tables...

> Every time that we create the
> ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file, the install tool is available in the three
> websites. Is there a way to separate in different files through some option?

Anyway, the Install Tool is only available until you log out from the
Install Tool (explicitly log out!) and you still need to enter a
password to get access.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor