[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 Newbie wants to use NEOS

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2015.trash.schams.net
Sun Feb 22 05:15:56 CET 2015

On Wed, 2015-02-18 at 21:39 +0100, Steven McKenna wrote:

> I want to set up NEOS on a shared server (where I have my Joomla and Prestashop websites) so downloaded NEOS,
> uploaded files to the server and changed fiel and folder permissions to 644 and 755 as suggested in a video I watched.

I don't know which video you watched and what exactly was suggested
there :-)

I installed Neos several times without problems by using the
composer.phar method (not by uploading files to the server). Having said
that, this requires SSH access to the server (which should be standard
today).

Follow these steps in the official documentation and you should be fine:

http://docs.typo3.org/neos/TYPO3NeosDocumentation/GettingStarted/Installation.html

> I then tried to log into server and run an install file but none is to be found?

Make sure that the mod_rewrite module is loaded. This allows you to
access the TYPO3 Neos Setup Tool, e.g. http://yourserver.com/setup

> I did a typo3 install about a year ago without any problems and was
> hoping Neos would be the same...

As I said before, TYPO3 CMS and TYPO3 Neos are two different products.
Their installation procedures are different, too (at least at the date
of this writing: February 2015 :-)

HTH - Cheers
Michael