[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 Newbie wants to use NEOS

Michael Schams typo3.lists at 2014.trash.schams.net
Wed Feb 18 00:07:08 CET 2015

On 2015-02-18 06:37, Steven McKenna wrote:

> [...] and fell in love with the simplicity of Neos,  I now want to try
> it.
> I downloaded it and uploaded to my server, however did not see an
> installation package....
> Do I beed to install Typo3 first then add on Neos or what is the
> procedure.

TYPO3 CMS and TYPO3 Neos are two different products. You do not need to
install TYPO3 CMS first - they are independent from each other.

Simply follow the Neos installation instructions (the option
"Installation
via Composer" is very convenient):

http://neos.typo3.org/develop/download.html

At one point during the installation you will be asked if you want to
install the Demo Distribution. If you skip this, you end up having an
empty Neos site. If you choose to install this package, you will get a
fully working Neos site.

If you just want to play around with Neos a little bit, you could also
consider using a pre-configured server, e.g. at Amazon Web Services
(AWS):

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B00OHUNDTY/

In this case, you don't waste your time installing Neos and its
dependencies.

If you have any Neos-specific questions, you could also turn to the
TYPO3
Neos mailing list - I am sure, the Neos experts are happy to help :-)