[TYPO3-english] Strange characters concatenated to my URLs

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Feb 17 15:44:23 CET 2015

Am 17.02.15 um 12:42 schrieb Loek Hilgersom:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> As soon as the L-parameter gets a value, TYPO3 will preserve it in
> subsequent links, so you'll have to find out where those strange values
> are added to the url, maybe there is a specific page where that starts?
> Or could the site possibly be hacked?
>
> The other thing you should do is add this to your TS setup [1]:
> config.linkVars = L(1-2)
>
> (1-2) is the range of values the L-paramater accepts in your site. If
> spanish had id 0 you could also do with (0|2) or even just (2).
> This won't tackle the cause of the issue, but it prevents the caches to
> be flooded with endless copies of the same pages.

Hi Ivan,

the problem will be: google will link to your page with the invalid
L-param and so your cache will be filled again with the spammed param.
other people calling your page with a clean URL will get the cached
version which contains the spam and so the spam will survive forever.

just some characters is not really a problem, but someday someone will
spam your page with hazardous links which will stay in cache and your
page is distributing it.

be sure to configure your system in a clean way as Loek described.
And be sure to update the installation on thursday to the coming
security update.
and plan an update to 6.2!

bernd
--